Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tulsa, a city I love







Howdy all,

Its been a couple of months since I've posted, so I thought I better. I thought I'd do an ode to Tulsa. I've lived here (or near) for almost 10 years now and I've loved every bit of it. I love the art deco, the modern designs, the trees, the parks, neighborhoods etc... homes in Tulsa seem to have so much more character than other cities!

The first pic is just a generic skyline shot that has been used a few times for various things. Thought I'd just put it in for all you "out of towners"

The second photo this blog is from Starship, a wonderful record resale shop. Although I do miss there older location, there new one is bigger, but you really have to know what you want before you go... not too easy to just look around.

The next one is Under the Mooch, another great record store over on Harvard. I haven't been nearly as many times as I've wanted too, but the few times I have, I love it. The characters you meet, the records (yes, mostly lps sold here), the location, everything makes it a great place in T-Town that I hope lasts for a long while...

#4 on the blog today is a night shot of BOK, I had finished up a job there after a hockey game and just hung outside for a bit to catch some night with light. Really a very cool building inside and out, if you haven't made it there yet, I highley advise you do.

The last photo, I want people to guess wheres its from. If you've been in this "little" place, you surely will recognize it. Just an extra pic from the end of a gig there. The first one to leave a comment of the correct place wins a little prize...

Personal:

I want to take this chance to thank EVERYONE for there support, love, gifts, etc... for our open adoption of Dexter Greene Taylor. You are all wonderful people! Every thing is still going good, It will be about another 9 months or so before its 100%, but we are not worried, all the paper work has been filed and if anyone was to make it stop, it would have happened by now.

He is going to be quite the spoiled little man, I think we could change his clothes everyday for the rest of life and he would never wear the same thing twice! He's growing and growing... it was a said day when Deanna packed up his newborn clothes... so sad!

He'll be 3 months old next week and is very alert and a very well behaved baby! He loves us too and everyone that touches him I think falls under his spell. Please keep us still in you prayers, still a little bit more to go.

Facebook and Flicker:

For those of you big into online social networks, you'll be happy to hear that I joined Facebook and Flicker now... I am about to close out everything on myspace and use Facebook only. Its pretty nice and A LOT better than myspace. I encourage my family (mom, mom-in-law) to start a page... Dexter likes to post pics there. Look me up on Facebook, my flicker is: www.evantaylorphoto.flicker.com.

I hear Dex waking up from his nap... gotta go, talk you all again soon!

Evan Taylor
918 693-8932
evan@evantaylorphoto.com
www.evantaylorphoto.com
www.evantaylorphoto.flicker.com

No comments: