Monday, September 8, 2008

Peanut Butter Jelly Time




Hello all,

Welcome again to another blog from Evan Taylor Photography. Its been a busy couple of months. Where did the summer go? I figured this blog, I dedicate to my favorite thing, FOOD! Here are some food shots, I'll let you all take a guess were they're at. The one who answers them all will get a gift card to one of the locations that they choose! You will have to leave you guess in the comments section and I'll check it often, first one gets all three wins! Good luck!

PBJ Time: Check out the video at the bottom, Sorry, found the costume and couldn't help myself! Deanna is the one laughing. The sound is quite, so turn it up if you can hear it at all!

Work:
Work has been pretty busy too and this year I was asked to join the board of the Art Directors Club of Tulsa, I was/am very honored! I've been working on some shots of the board members, check them out at www.artdirectorsoftulsa.org. There a little different than has ever been done before. Edgy, artsy and just fun. Let me know what you think.

This year of the club promises to not disappoint, if you've never been before, this is the year to join. We've got JAY SHUSTER from pixar coming in November!! It will be a limited seating event, so join now!

I've also been keeping busy with various clients around town, shooting everything from senior citizens at a local retirement community, to wine and vineyards around NE Oklahoma.

Personal:

Last week was a crazy one, my wife of now 5 years threw me a big surprise party at our house! I was great! I knew there was one coming (about 4 people slipped and said stuff about it, you know who you are!!!) but knowing made it almost worse! For any of you who now my wife Deanna, you know she can be cruel. Once she knew that I knew, she started teasing me with hit. Pulling tricks like accidentally honking the horn whenever we'd pull up to the drive of our house, or make plans with friends to meet somewhere to eat. If I could have chosen, I would never have wanted to know.

It was a great time, everyone chipped in and got me a new gas grill! Its huge and wonderful! I've used it every other night since we've had it. And I've learned not to burn. Heres a recipe that we did that I think you might like.

Panini Nini: Pre-heat grill to 350-400 degrees Pick your thick cut bread (I love Tomato Basil from Panera, they'll cut it for you)
Butter one side of each all the way to the edges, don't hold back

Go to the grill.

I like to preheat my lunch meat in a stainless steel pan on the burner if your grill has one. melt a little butter in it and add some of your favorite spices. (I use the McCormick basil/garlic blend that I've mentioned in the recipe Hummus Amoungus in my previous blog)
While the meat (your choice) is cooking, I lay the bread on the grill straight on the heat.
Add a piece of provolone, swiss, whatever to each side. When your satisfied with your meat, use tongs to transfer it onto one piece of the bread. (if you want, use rye and add sauerkraut at this time to on the same side as the meat)
Gently lift up the side of the bare side and check for grill marks. It won't take long. Once you see solid marks (not black, but dark) flip the bare piece on top of the full. Like making a grilled cheese!
Gently press down with a big spatula (or use a meat press if you have it). When you like the marks, flip it fast and cook the other side a little bit too.
If your lucky, you'll have a sear er on your grill like I do! Its great for this.
Turn it on and sear each side of your bread, really takes it over the top!

Let it cool and dig in!

Adoption Update:
We could get a baby any day now. Could be today, could be a year from now. Emotions run up and down all the time. One day its all we can think about, others we get kind of numb to it, some days we just want to cry and others we want to scream!!! But through it all, we know that this is how we are going to have a baby. This is the way that God is going to do it for us and we have TOTAL faith in that. If you pray, please add us to your list. Check out this website to learn more about open adoption and the agency were going through:
www.crisispregnancyoutreach.org

Cool Websites/podcasts:

Adobe has released Lightroom 2!
www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom
Theres a great podcast of killer tips in iTunes too.

Love viewmaster? Love www.3dstereo.com

In closing:

Thanks for reading! Feel free to pass anything on to friends/family/etc... Should you need any photo work, please contact me: 918 693-8932 or evan@evantaylorphoto.com

www.evantaylorphoto.com

PBJ TIME!!



No comments: